~* MY LIFE - with - MY CHOICE - at - MY PACE *~

Sunday 8 June 2014

The Chertsey Museum

After 52 days of residing in the UK, I finally decided to let myself out of the closet and start cruising down the street as a tourist. Recently being distressed by work due to the resignation of my direct superior, I needed to pick up various tasks and responsibilities in a short time. Therefore my weekends were spent burying myself in stress. However enough is enough now and I demanded a change in my life wanting something different, hence I made up my mind to visit one of the nearby attractions – the Chertsey Museum this weekend. 

It was a rainy morning when I get out of bed thinking that I might need to postpone the weekend plan. Nonetheless, the weather surprisingly turns out to be excellent in the afternoon despite that the weather report forecasted a rain. 

Walking down the road, the museum was easily spotted along Windsor Street. This museum first opened to the public in 1965, displaying a collection of local historical items, photographs, paintings, clocks, furniture and a collection of ancient Greek pottery, funded by Runnymede Borough Council with support from the Olive Matthews Trust. It was a 3 stories building: 

1st Floor: Archaeology of Runnymede and Fashion Collection of Olive Matthews

 




2nd Floor: Ceramics, Local & Social History items, Documents and Photographs

 

3rd Floor: Horology, Furniture and Pottery

 
  
It was fun testing on a few replicated 18th-20th century outfits, and not forgetting to get myself some souvenirs for this visit- 2 collectable coins and a fossil. This is a good beginning and I am looking forward to have more fun in coming days in the different part of this country.

1 comment:

  1. You are able to try those cloths? COOL! :D
    Blog more ya~ I also will blog more too! *_*

    ReplyDelete