~* MY LIFE - with - MY CHOICE - at - MY PACE *~

Saturday 2 August 2014

Hampton Court Palace

South West Trains: Chertsey – Weybridge – Surbiton – Hampton Court (£8.10) 

The Hampton Court Palace is one of the 5 Historic Royal Palaces in the UK and many activities and events were planned and held in these ancient buildings throughout the year. Since I love castles and having the passion to visit most of the museums, I have hence decided to purchase the annual membership at £46 (approximate RM250) with unlimited entrance to these 5 places. 

The event for this weekend at the Hampton Court Palace was the Glorious Georges Family Festival, with the chance to transform myself into a Georgian visitor trying on the costumes and wigs. The arrival of “George I” walking around the palace in glorious dressing and talking to people regarding the history was indeed interesting. After strolling around for quite some time, I rewarded my weekend with a cup of strawberry-mint ice-cream. With the price of £3.80 (approximately RM21.00 – more expensive than the Häagen-Dazs /.\) for the double scope ice-cream, nonetheless money is not my main concern this day as I just want myself to enjoy a total relax and worriless day-out. Sitting alone at one corner in the spacious garden under the shade, I started to feel and enjoy the gentle breeze and the serenity thinking that this might be a good place for me to spend my future weekends having a book in hand. 

 

This trip includes the visit to The Chapel Royal, Henry VIII’s Kitchen, Chocolate Kitchen, Young Henry VIII’s Exhibition, The Maze, Privy Garden, Tiltyard Walls, Great Vine, William III’s Apartment, Hampton Court Gardens and etc. It took me around 3.5 hours almost getting lost in this building. 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. hey how are you there?? i want the strawberry-mint ice-cream toooo...hahahaaa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, still alive here :D Honestly...the ice-cream wasn't so tasty lor...not really sth i like...

      Delete
  2. Wah, the chair so long! Hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya, looks special but doesn't look comfortable to sit leh

      Delete