~* MY LIFE - with - MY CHOICE - at - MY PACE *~

Monday 1 January 2018

Year End Review – 2017

And so…this is the summary of how I waved goodbye to 2017:
  • Dined at a classy Chinese Restaurant that looks impressive but the food was fairly below expectation.
  • Watched the movie “Jigsaw” at the cinema. (Facepalm…a horror movie to wrap-up the year?!) 
  • Instead of having some drinks as initially discussed, a colleague and I ended up having King Prawns & Octopus platter, Escargot, Cheesecake and Pana Cotta on the table.
  • Rather than mingling with the crowd, we headed straight back home almost immediately after the countdown. (Our bed has been summoning us…)
  • Not forgetting the last kind gesture I received this year where I was spared from carrying a bag of goods meant for an exchange, as the kind storekeeper has thoughtfully offered to me a gift card instead.
All in all, it has been a challenging yet wonderful 2017. It was another year which I have deliberately lived without having any official resolution. Nonetheless the twists and turns in life have challenged me with another big leap of faith, and had miraculously brought me to this Nordic land of Finland.

Despite all the hardships during the transition period, I am at least happily enjoying my cups of coffee now, cherishing the flexibility of working hours, getting busier but advancing my knowledge while working with a boss whom I could admire and respect.

After letting my life flow freely for the past two years, I guess it is now the time to pick up the shattered pieces beneath my soul and to pursue my objectives with complete strength. I must be back in control to be the person whom I have wanted to be. I will now count on 2018 to be a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment